You can change your password by logging into the Identity Manager. Select login in the upper right hand corner.
You can also reset your password if you have forgotten it by using the Identity Manager. A password reset requires you to sign as an employee, student, extension student, or affiliate and answer secret questions you created when you activated your netid. Password management should only be done by using the Identity Manager to ensure that all campus systems whether internal or external are updated. Do not change or reset your UCSB netid password through any other website.
UCSB Identity Manager: https://im.ucsb.edu
Selecting a secure password helps protect your privacy and security. At minimum we require password length between 12 and 16 characters, and a mix of upper case letters, lower case letters, special characters, and digits.
Here are a few recommendations:
- Include similar looking characters, such as the number zero for the letter 'O' or '$' for the letter 'S'
- Include phonetic replacements, such as 'Luv2Laf' for 'LovetoLaugh'
- Don't use a password that contains personal information (name, birth date, etc.)
- Don't use words or acronyms that can be found in a dictionary
- Don't use keyboard patterns (asdf) or sequential numbers (1234)
- Don't use repeating characters (aa11)
- Never tell your password to anyone (this includes significant others, roommates, parrots, etc.)
- Never write your password down
- Never send your password by email
- Periodically test your current password and change it to a new one